Student Support Facilities
Financial Aid Facilities
Games and Sports
Group Insurance Scheme for Students
Health and Insurance
Academic and personal Counseling
- Scholars and Financial Aid Facilities :
- (a)The following scholarships are available for eligible students of both Higher Secondaryand Under Graduate courses :
- i) National merit Scholarship.
- ii) State Merit Scholarship.
- iii) ST/SC/OBC/MOBC Scholarship.
- (b) Financial assistance in the form of tuition fees ranging from two or five months is granted from the Students' Aid Fund of the college to students coming from
economically weaker sections of the society on the basis of their performance in the college examinations and attendance. Scholarship holders should note that their
Scholarship may be withdrawn if they are found irregular in attendance and/or found guilty of breach of discipline. Payment of scholarship money is made through
cheques drawn in favour of the students.
- (c) Provisions of financial assistance from Teacher/Department are available to the meritorious and economically weaker students.
- (d) Besides these scholarships the college also offers cash awards to meritorious students from the following funds :
- Hara Kanta Mahanta Memorial Fund : Awards under this fund are given every
year to students securing the highest marks in philosophy (Major) and Geography
(Major) in the B.A. Examination of Dibrugarh University
- Dwarika Nath Hazarika Trust Fund : Students of this college are entitled to awards
under this trust Fund as per rules prescribed by the Trust Committee from time to
time for proficiency shown in English in Higher Secondary Final Examination and
B.A. Examination in English (Major) of D.K.D. College under Dibrugarh University.
- Every year, the D.K.D. College Teachers' Unit Merit Scholarship is awarded to
the best three students of Arts, Science and Commerce respectively. The Scholarship
is given to the students on the basis of their performance in the End-Semester
- D.K.D. College Employees' Unit bear to complete admission fee of the student
coming for admission into H.S. Class with highest percentage of marks in H.S.L.C.
- Cash awards are given to the brilliant students of Major course by the Depts. of
Geography, Economics, History, Statistics, Zoology, Philosophy, Chemistry, Political
Science and Mathematics annually.
- Cash awards for the best practical note book (Geography) from among the TDC
IInd Major students is sponsored by Department of Geography and cash award for the H.S. II students securing highest marks in Geography is also given by D.K.D.
College Geography Society.
- D.K.D. College Library Best Reader of the year (Introduced in 2003) awards sponsored by Librarian.
- UGC sponsored Merit Scholarship to economically backward SC/ST/OBC/Physically handicapped and Minority students.
- Games and Sports
- Performing Arts :
The College has constituted a Drama Club and a Dance Club under the supervision of a Convenor to encourage the interested students.
- N.C.C:The College has two wings of NCC (Army) - one Senior wing of Girls under 64 Assam Girls' Bn. NCC, Jorhat and the other Senior Division of Boys' under 9 Assam Bn.
- NSS :The College has an active NSS unit for both Boys and Girls. All students of the
college are eligible for its membership and can take part in various NSS programmes.
Registered students are enrolled as volunteers. Certificate will be issued as per NSS
guidelines. The motto of NSS is "NOT ME BUT YOU."
- Group Insurance Scheme for Students : There is a group Life Insurance scheme for the students under Life Insurance
Corporation of India in the College.
- Health and Insurance:
- a)The College offers Health Insurance at a nominal premium for DKDC students.
- b)Blood Donors Club : (1200 Members) Members often donate blood free of cost. A good number of students donate blood to the needy persons of greater Dergaon.
- Remedial Coaching: The students can avail book facilities from remedial coaching centre sponsored
by UGC specially meant for SC, ST and Minority students.
- Academic and personal Counselling :Every teacher of the college takes part in offering academic counselling to the
students, as and when necessary. The college has been maintaining a healthy teacherstudent
relation and every student is encouraged to feel free to discuss his/her academic
and personal problems with the teacher and seek advice.